I first saw these types of cookies after browsing through one of my favourite food blogs, Bakerella. The description of them just made me want to try them out. Soft, chewy, and of course full of chocolate. Since I needed something to bake for an event, I decided to finally give these cookies a try. However, Bakerella’s recipe only makes 16, so I looked around until I came across a recipe that makes roughly 45. Here I have made Chocolate Crinkles.
I love the fact that these cookies are completely different from other types of cookies. A double hit of sugar from the icing sugar coating on the outside, although probably not so healthy, the appearance is just something different. The cracks in between the icing sugar just looks amazing and mouth watering. The best part about these cookies is the fact that they’re actually soft and chewy. I love soft and chewy cookies, so these chocolate crinkles definitely make my list of favourite cookies.
I found this recipe from The Boy Who Bakes, and it’s quite an easy recipe to follow. If you’re pressed for time, I guess you could put your batter in the freezer for an hour (which is what I did). I modified the recipe by removing the peanuts.
Chocolate Crinkles (via The Boy Who Bakes)
- 170g dark chocolate
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 2 tblsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 112g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- Set a bowl over a pan of simmering water add in the chocolate and melt.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl, set aside. In an electric mixer cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating until incorporated. Slowly beat in the melted chocolate, then scrape down the bowl. Mix in the vanilla and milk.
- Mix the flour mixture in three additions. Press plastic wrap onto the dough and place the bowl in the fridge for minimum of three hours, or overnight.
- Once the dough is chilled preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the icing sugar into a medium sized bowl.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough. Roll into a ball then roll in the icing sugar, then place on the baking sheet. These cookies do spread so leave plenty of space between so they don’t stick together.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 mins until cracked but not completely firm, cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Kept airtight these will keep for up to 2 days.
- juiceshop likes this
- gosharptoshutter likes this
- goodvibessandall likes this
- a-sensationalfuck likes this
- cutmylifeeintopieces likes this
- heyitsdkay likes this
- fiorellafaery reblogged this from katcakes
- tardisishome likes this
- primahp likes this
- kittystitch reblogged this from katcakes
- jessvb13 likes this
- verbose-vespertine likes this
- movingacastle likes this
- feffylove likes this
- meireasebastians likes this
- uszata86 likes this
- goosiemomma likes this
- mrbin0812 likes this
- chatteringmind likes this
- cylinical reblogged this from katcakes
- notlikethemonth likes this
- innocence-is-key likes this
- alexsavage123 likes this
- kimds92 likes this
- kingofbagles likes this
- rockingandzoning likes this
- applesmosh reblogged this from katcakes
- inthe-noor reblogged this from katcakes
- sylviamm23 likes this
- rinsworld likes this
- jannamaprie likes this
- mashiromaru likes this
- illfatedimagination likes this
- timeee-travel likes this
- elmacuellar1234 likes this
- grandifloru likes this
- backofenvollerliebe likes this
- innerlike-skoonheid likes this
- thebagatellecardclub likes this
- caitwenn likes this
- kylertai reblogged this from katcakes
- arabelled likes this
- etphonehome95 likes this
- mrty30 likes this
- thatsonicao likes this
- tamarasud likes this
- annadaly44 reblogged this from katcakes
- chrys-tal likes this
- chibi-octopus reblogged this from katcakes
- chibi-octopus likes this
Welcome To My Blog!
+ Sydney food blogger
+ Contributing Writer for Sydney Food Lovers
+ Journalism Graduate
|Australian Food Bloggers Ring|
|Site Ring from Bravenet|
This work by KatCakes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Australia License
Ask me anything