Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
The other day I was sitting and lounging after dinner and here was Jamie Oliver on my television screen preparing a simple ‘roast’ dinner in just 30 minutes. What amazed me was that even though his meals were simple, they still looked very delicious. This gave me a thought about some of the desserts I make. Sometimes simplicity is the key, and when you’re a full time Uni student with a food blog to manage, simplicity goes a long way. So I present to you my simple and easy baked chocolate cheesecake slice.
I always thought cheesecakes would be so complicated to make, and sometimes there is just so much dairy in them that some people avoid eating them (which is devastating because cheesecakes are amazing!). After a few trials, I discovered that a basic cheesecake filling didn’t need large amounts of cream cheese, or sour cream, or even ricotta. It doesn’t even need plain flour. And the best thing about this recipe was that I found a way to make it versatile in flavours. Don’t like chocolate? (I don’t know why you wouldn’t…) Then just take it out and put strawberries or something of the like!
There are three components to this cheesecake: the cookie base, creamy filling and glossy topping. The topping is optional, but I wanted my cheesecake to be even and neat. It paid off. This cheesecake was successful!
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Slice
- 150g Oreo biscuits (or chocolate biscuits)
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 100g milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease and line a small- medium sized slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- To make the base: Process biscuits until it forms fine crumbs. Pour into a medium sized bowl and mix in the melted butter.Pour into the slice tin flatten the cookie crumbs until base of tin is completely covered. Place in the refrigerator to set.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually add the egg, followed by the cooled melted chocolate. Beat for another minute until mixture is combined. Pour filling into prepared pan and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the centre of the cheesecake no longer wobbles. Remove from oven and cool in room temperature for 10 minutes, then place into the refrigerator to cool completely.
- To make the topping: place cream into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, remove from heat, and stir in the chocolate. When mixture is smooth, pour over cooled cheesecake and swirl pan to coat the top of the cheesecake completely.
- Refrigerate cheesecake for 3-4 hours or overnight. To serve, cut cheesecake into rectangular slices.
ps. This week only, the UNSW Baking Society will be selling cupcakes to fundraise money for cancer. There will be different flavours of cupcakes and we’ll be selling from 10am-2pm everyday (27th- 31st August) on the main library walkway. I’ll be selling on Monday and Tuesday, so come and drop by to say hi or even buy a cupcake! For those who don’t go to my Uni or live in Sydney, don’t worry, I’ll post pictures! :)
- darkangelofjustice likes this
- lupocuore reblogged this from katcakes
- lupocuore likes this
- warmthofthewilds reblogged this from katcakes
- nicarue likes this
- raychullk likes this
- likesalvador likes this
- drvg0ns likes this
- simply-present likes this
- infinite-melodies8 likes this
- rachstar2 reblogged this from katcakes
- rachstar2 likes this
- youcanbreathe likes this
- thatlilonewithglasses likes this
- always1256 likes this
- missmagoo98 reblogged this from katcakes
- liferemainsbeautiful reblogged this from katcakes
- liferemainsbeautiful likes this
- littlebear345 likes this
- erazoyc likes this
- elbeedeeargh reblogged this from katcakes
- hani-boo likes this
- jeepercreeper15 likes this
- paulaleno likes this
- mybrushesarebroken likes this
- illbecountingstars reblogged this from katcakes
- idekraine likes this
- blame-the-kitty reblogged this from katcakes
- queenofsmurfs likes this
- bebrilliantgo likes this
- crondell9 likes this
- cleo25 likes this
- uszata86 likes this
- i-am-resilient likes this
- mytrashparade likes this
- foodiheart reblogged this from katcakes
- perhaps247 likes this
- b7tgyab reblogged this from belcanto
- zhomg reblogged this from katcakes
- kylebroderick reblogged this from katcakes
- ohpleasecookmesomething reblogged this from katcakes
- ihiiba reblogged this from katcakes
- kaptenglenn reblogged this from katcakes
- darieterna likes this
- heartonherhand likes this
- astriddbee reblogged this from katcakes
- astriddbee likes this
- thatsmysweetlipss reblogged this from katcakes and added:
- blueberryharry reblogged this from katcakes
- jiggyyoungniggaaaaa reblogged this from katcakes
Welcome To My Blog!
+ Sydney food blogger
+ Journalism student
+ Promotions and Publications Manager of the UNSW Baking Society
+ Editor of the online Baking Society magazine,The Sweet Escape.
|Australian Food Bloggers Ring|
|Site Ring from Bravenet|
This work by KatCakes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Australia License
Ask me anything